Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Coconut Ice Cream!

I love coconut, and I love Ice Cream! So I made.... lasagna! jokes! I made coconut Ice Cream!
The recipe called for saffron, of which I had none, so my ice cream was probably not as interesting as it could have been, or as yellow, but as long as is tasted like coconut, I was happy.
But I did find it a bit toooooo creamy. It kind of tasted like coconut moisturizer, delicious, just a little much. So I think next time, instead of using heavy cream, I will make a lighter version, using lighter cream or maybe even milk! That sounds preferable... But would it work with milk? I don't know the science.. We'll see.


So in that case, it would go --
2/3 cup of cream or milk
1 cup of coconut milk
1/4 cup of loose cane sugar

bring them to a boil, then simmer, stirring for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
when cooled, put in your ice cream machine (or freezer and stir every 2o minutes..), and follow your machines guidelines...

1 comment:

lila Braga said...

my fav. ever!!!!!!!
thank you!!!
hugs
Lila