Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dinner with Pals

This weekend I hosted a Dinner party where I invited a few girlfriends who have never met eachother. I thought it could be fun, maybe some of them would hit it off- if not, we all get a nice meal at the least. Throughout the night we drank a raspberry champagne punch (with sprite), usually made with Gin around the Holidays, but it was a school night so I held back.

And the first course was a butternut squash tart, which was soo good! There were some leftovers, and I need to make it again - All it is is puff pastry, with a little ricotta/onion mixture tucked inside and covered in a slice of squash and a slice of goat cheese and put in the oven for half and hour or so -- way better than I had anticipated.



The next course was a red wine, mushroom risotto, topped with thin slices of marinated steak, with a side of spinach salad with avocado. Yummy, but very filling, especially after the tarts.


The dessert will follow on the next post, as it will not let me post another picture for some reason -- 



No comments: