Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Papas Apple Spice Birthday Cake!

For my Dad's birthday last weekend, I made an Apple spice layer cake, because you know, I thought it was the season.. 

It involved making apple sauce and mixing it into the cake batter, only I left the apple sauce on the other side of the kitchen to cool, and forgot about it -- pouring the appleless-cake batter into the pans and almost putting them in the oven when I remembered... only I couldn't clean and re-butter and flour the pans because I was completely out of flour - the cake itself had to include three kinds because I ran out of all-purpose - it was horrible.
(and no - I couldn't just run out and buy more flour, for that would be reasonable)


In any case, the cake with its creamy goat cheese frosting was delicious!
Apples are almost out of season, so you have to get these things in while you can 
--- Max and I pressed 200 lbs of apples to make cider, which may be drinkable by christmas, -- hopefully,  because I don't think we have the patience to wait years and years..


1 comment:

Morgan said...

Oh man, I miss you guys! I love birthday suppers.