Saturday, October 18, 2008

Madeleines!

Today I made Madeleines!


These lemony cakes are so scrumptious, I highly recommend them - And a friend recommended I cover the sides in dark chocolate, which I did, happily, because how could that go wrong?
She said she used to have them that way in Paris when she was a child.
Lovely. So I did that -


Anyways, they turned out perfectly, if I do say so myself.
All it is is: (a sort of modified Martha Stewart Recipe)
3/4 cup of Flour, 1/2 cup of almond flour and a heaping 1/2 cup sugar
added to:
3 medium eggs (I used organic) and a large pinch of salt --> whisked until fluffy
Then add to the mixture:
1/2 cup of melted butter (cooled), 1/4 cup of lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon of lemon extract (pure, please).


Then you need to cool the whole mixture in the fridge for a few hours until you put it into the moulds and cook them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, tops! until the edges begin to brown.

Then, if you want, you can melt some dark chocolate in a double boiler and dip one side, or paint one side of the madeleines with it... I did half of them with chocolate and half plain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice you mentioned the "child/paris souvenir"!!!
i am buying a madeleine pan to make them !

Anonymous said...

i don't know why i appear as guillaue, but it's Nadja !!